RACE: Washington, NJ
Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:00 am until 12:00 pm
Adult Soapbox Derby, before a kids derby.
WRNJ Adult Soapbox Derby & Mike Schmidt Memorial Car Show
Broad Street Hill WashingtonNew Jersey 07882
Saturday, June 16, 2012, 9 am
Rain Date: June 17, 2012
Early Entry Fee, before June 1: $15.00
June 1-10: $20.00
No registrations will be accepted after June 10
Welcome to Washington Borough, your host for the 6th Annual Mike Schmidt Memorial Car Show and WRNJ Adult Soap Box Derby. We look forward to your participation in the derby and invite you to display your Soap Box Car afterwards at the Car Show!
The following rules have been instituted for the safety of the participant and the spectators. It is our goal to provide an event with a common competitiveness while maintaining the cleanest, safest and most entertaining environment possible.
Rules and Regulations:
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the event.
- A single driver no passengers allowed.
- All participants are responsible for their own actions. Intentional bumping will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification.
- The Car must be powered solely by Gravity
- The Car may not be wider then 5 feet or longer then 10 feet.
- The Car must have 4 wheels touching the ground at all times.
- The Car must have functional Steering and Brakes. Your brakes will need to hold your car at the starting line and be able to stop the car within a reasonable distance.
- No weights may be added to Car. 2 people must be able to lift the Car.
- No A.A.S.B.D. kit cars or glass wheels allowed. No Skateboards, Luge Boards or other commercially produced kit cars allowed.
- All entries must have eyebolts securely fastened at the front and rear of the car to allow the car to be towed up to the Start.
- Helmets and closed toe shoes required. Long sleeves, long pants, and gloves are recommended.
- Race Officials have the right and authority to remove any team if found in violation of these rules, or poses a concern for the safety of themselves or others at any time during this event.
- Decisions made by race officials are final.
Download and fill out the registration form here.
Here is a news article about the race in the Lehigh Valley Express Times.
The events page on the Washington NJ Business Improvement District website, which includes a brief listing about the race (not a whole page for itself?!?)